Link to Passenger lists from Hanko to U.K. 2nd request

Tänne voit lähettää sukututkimukseen liittyviä kysymyksiä, henkilöhakuja, linkkivinkkejä ja muuta sellaista.
Katie

Link to Passenger lists from Hanko to U.K. 2nd request

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 20.03.2013 01:07

Would it be possible to give me a link to the passenger lists for: Allan Line passenger lists sailing out of Hanko.
I am looking for the original page that her name would have been on. I have the Institute of Migration; (http://www.migrationinstitute.fi/emregf ... haku_e.php) but am hoping for the orignal entries. I have attached the record that I have on file for your viewing. Anna Kahkonen
Anna Kahkonen.JPG
Anna Kahkonen.JPG (41.05 KiB) Katsottu 5418 kertaa
sailed from Hanko on 23 Mar 1901 from Hanko aboard the SS Arcturus of the Allan Line. It would be most helpful if there was a website that I could access. Can you help me with that.
Thank You
Janice
2nd request:
Does anyone know of a website that would have historical records of passengers leaving Hanko for Canada or America in the early 1900's.
Thank You
Janice

Merja
Viesti:

Re: Link to Passenger lists from Hanko to U.K. 2nd request

Viesti Kirjoittaja Merja » 13.04.2013 14:27

Sorry, Janice, but the original documents have not been digitized but are only available in the archives. In this case, I believe the original books are in Turku and available on microfilm there. Does not help you much if you are in the US, though.

Katie

Re: Link to Passenger lists from Hanko to U.K. 2nd request

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 13.04.2013 21:47

Merja, The answer you gave me is fine. Though it may not have been what I wanted to hear, at least I have the answer and will rely on the migration website I have been using. However, I may do some research on locating any records from the U.K to the U.S and Canada trip. Maybe I can pick up some information from that route.
Thank you so much for getting back to me. I truly appreciate it.
Janice

Vastaa Viestiin