Translate heading of passenger list document

Discussions about genealogy. Questions, searches, interesting links etc.
Katie

Translate heading of passenger list document

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 13.02.2018 20:06

I believe this is a Swedish document. My ancestors are Sophia Ruona (Line 3) and her daughter and grand-daughter and they, according to my cousin, may have left Gothenberg, Sweden and this document said they were bound for Hull England aboard the Romeo. This document is dated 06 July and we think it was in 1883. We have the website links for ancestors departing Liverpool and they pretty much all went to Quebec City, Quebec in the late 1880's.
This document was a surprise because there is no mention of Sophia's husband (Jacob)with them on this page but perhaps he may be on another page. They arrived in America together. There is a 'breaking news' story with this document.

Can you please translate the header of the sheet beginning with Förteckning and the few lines below it. AND, do you know anything about the Finland Steamship Co. (Finska) and what port/s would they sail out of bound for what destination.
Thank You
Janice
Liitteet
Passenger list for the ship Romeo and Sofia Ruona.JPG
Passenger list for the ship Romeo and Sofia Ruona.JPG (64.12 KiB) Katsottu 5603 kertaa

Luonski

Re: Translate heading of passenger list document

Viesti Kirjoittaja Luonski » 15.02.2018 20:36

I may not get the exact translation because my swedish is not that good and this header is a bit offish:

"The list of emigrants, whom by signature are transported by steamer Romeo, which on 6th July leaves from here towards Hull"

"Härifrån" means "from here" so maybe the place of departure is either on the book or somewhere else on the page. Unfortunately I have not gotten acquainted with the emigration so I do not know anything further.

Vastaa Viestiin