Kaarle Jaako Erkinp original marriage entry 1881

Discussions about genealogy. Questions, searches, interesting links etc.
Katie

Kaarle Jaako Erkinp original marriage entry 1881

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 08.08.2018 05:17

http://www.sukuhistoria.fi/sshy/sivut_e ... 65&pnum=15
Above is the entry for Kaarle's original marriage entry 10 Oct 1881 Simo. Entry is LINE 7. Could you give me his full name. I think it is Kaarle Jaako Erkinp and then the last name is Waar??? And are there dots over the a's. I know that is very important to know for research because I'm not finding anything on him.
PART 2: I just now found the original death entry for Kaarle in 1884. Can you translate this record. My understanding is that he died in a boating accident transporting tar to the coast. His entry is the 7th from the bottom of the page record 217?
http://www.sukuhistoria.fi/sshy/sivut_e ... 90&pnum=64
Thank You so much.
Janice

JaskaS

Re: Kaarle Jaako Erkinp original marriage entry 1881

Viesti Kirjoittaja JaskaS » 08.08.2018 09:21

Since marriage records start with J.Alfr. Keckman vihki (name of priest Johan Allfred Keckman, who wed the couples), the occupations and surnames are in accusative case, in this case Wääräkankaan. His surname is Wääräkangas, as written in the death record, which states that he drowned (hukkui) at Hamarinkoski, which is a rapids in the Simonjoki river.

:) Jaska

Katie

Re: Kaarle Jaako Erkinp original marriage entry 1881

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 08.08.2018 14:26

Hello Jaska, Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Now we know how to spell that name and he died in a river. He left behind a wife and 2 children and on her own she and her children would later immigrate to America where she would make a new family. This was a hard family to research as all we had was vague information.
Thank you so much for solving this mystery. I appreciate it.
Janice

Vastaa Viestiin