Uutela Family

Tänne voit lähettää sukututkimukseen liittyviä kysymyksiä, henkilöhakuja, linkkivinkkejä ja muuta sellaista.
Katie

Uutela Family

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 16.05.2011 08:58

I am sure you will not be able to help me with this as I have only ONE TINY BIT of information.
I am looking for the family of George Edward Uutela.
The only information we have is that he married my Aunt on 26 Aug 1921. My Aunt was 21 at the time so George would be about the same age -- I think! I have found variations of spelling such as Yrgo = George and Uutela spelled Utela or Utala but they are not him.
We can NOT find his birth place, birth date, parents names, date of death or place of death. He may have been born in the United States and may have lived in the state of Michigan. He and my Aunt got a divorce around 1926-1930 and it is said he moved to Michigan. I can not find where he entered the country if he was born in Finland.
Could someone check Finnish records to see if there was a George Edward Uutela born around 1901, or most likely late 1890's. I expect you won't find anything but I need to cross Finnish born off my list.
Thank You
Janice

jani
Ylläpitäjä

Re: Uutela Family

Viesti Kirjoittaja jani » 16.05.2011 18:37

Hi Janice,

Have you located their marriage certificate? Usually it gives more information about the bride and groom. A name is really not enough information to start looking for a person in Finland, especially in this time period which predates the surname law.
----- Jani Koski -----

Katie

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 27.05.2011 07:50

Hello, Jani
Sorry I have not answered sooner, but I keep forgetting about this link. If I get a notice in my email I would then go and look up the reply. This man is such an enigma. I have talked to his great-grandson and he has no idea, nor papers that are about George Edward . The daughter of Alina (George's former wife and my Aunt) does not remember her mother talking too much about George. She was re-married and wanted to leave the past behind her. I'm going to leave this behind right now and maybe someday I can look for him again.
Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Janice

jani
Ylläpitäjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja jani » 27.05.2011 12:16

Do you at least know the state/county they were married in? Some of the marriages are online now at FamilySearch.
----- Jani Koski -----

Vastaa Viestiin