Walborg Pekantytar

Tänne voit lähettää sukututkimukseen liittyviä kysymyksiä, henkilöhakuja, linkkivinkkejä ja muuta sellaista.
Katie

Walborg Pekantytar

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 28.07.2011 07:43

Is it possible to find the Mother and Father of Walborg Pekantytar (born 30.10.1828). Alakitka, Kusamo.
She was married to Juho Kotajarvi Maaninka (born 22.02.1817). They married aproximately 1850.Kuusamo.See next line for Hiski birth of Walborg or Valborg
*30.10.1828 1828 Alakitka Bds: Pehr Maninga Greta 36 Valborg

Where it gets confusing for me is that Juho's FATHER is named Pehr Andrss Maaninka, (born 10.01.1796) and he married 2nd wife Margaretha Hansdr Sakkinen February, 1828. Pehr and Margaretha had a daughter Valpuri Maaninka (born 30.11.1828) Kuusamo.

I have found reference that Walborg's father and mother were Pehr Maninga and Greta which look very familiar, as stated above, to Pehr Andrss Maaninka and Greta Sakkinen.

The way I am interpretating this is that Walborg Pekantytar is Valpuri Maaninka even though their birthdays a a month apart . How could one person be wife to Juho AND a daughter to Juho's son Pehr.
I do not understand how to find Walborg's REAL last name and hope you can find something for me.
Thank You
Janice

interlorn

Re: Walborg Pekantytar

Viesti Kirjoittaja interlorn » 30.07.2011 11:53

Hi Janice,

You have an interesting problem here and I would recommend using Kuusamo's communion books to trace back both Walborg's and her husband's family ties. Communion books can be found here in SSHY's web page.
Katie kirjoitti:She was married to Juho Kotajarvi Maaninka (born 22.02.1817).
Note that Pehr Andersson Maninga's, Walborg's father's first marriage was in 1820.
Katie kirjoitti:How could one person be wife to Juho AND a daughter to Juho's son Pehr.
It's not quite that complicated. You mean "...wife to Juho and a daughter of Juho's FATHER Pehr". I.e. Walborg would be Juho's stepsister. But it's very unlikely that Walborg would have married her stepbrother and such marriage would definitely not have been blessed by church.

I checked HisKi and when Juho and Walborg married, Juho's name was Juho Kalajärvi and his last name is probably comes from the village or the house he's from. And since he was a hired man (renki, dreng) he didn't have a house of his own and probably moved to Walborg's house after marriage and assumed a new last name based on either the village or the house Walborg is living in (her father's name is Maninga, right?).

Again, I recommend browsing through communion book. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Juhana
Questions are a burden to others. Answers are a prison for oneself.

Katie

Re: Walborg Pekantytar

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 31.07.2011 23:18

Thank you Juhana for your help. I think I got this information from a link in Ancestry.com and looking into it to verify I discovered the odd information of having similar names and dates. When names change I never catch it and assume it is someone else. I consider myself lucky when the names do not change.
Thank you, again, for your help. I now have direction in my search.
Have a nice week.
Janice

Vastaa Viestiin