Marriage of Pehr Kähkonen and Elsa Tervonen

Tänne voit lähettää sukututkimukseen liittyviä kysymyksiä, henkilöhakuja, linkkivinkkejä ja muuta sellaista.
Katie

Marriage of Pehr Kähkonen and Elsa Tervonen

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 28.05.2011 08:45

Marriage of Pehr Kähkonen and Elsa Tervonen on 05 Jan 1844 in Ristijärvi. I would like to verify the spelling of Elsa's last name. It looks like it is Tervonen yet I can not find much information on the family, except this marriage to my 2nd Great-Grandfather. It would be appreciated if you could verify her spelling andif possible find her birth date and who her parents are.
I found in FFHA under Church Records for Ristijärvi under marriages. Vihityt 1808-1848.
Can you tell me why there are lines drawn through the entry written? I have come across other relatives with lines drawn through a page and not sure what it means.
Thank You
Janice

JaskaS

Re: Marriage of Pehr Kähkonen and Elsa Tervonen

Viesti Kirjoittaja JaskaS » 28.05.2011 09:34

Yes, it's Tervonen.
You can find the couple among Litt. K pages, in 1847-1854: http://www.sukuhistoria.fi/sshy/kirjat/ ... -12/93.htm
Elin's DOB 26 Mar 1821 does not exactly match with a HisKi entry 20 Feb 1821 ( http://hiski.genealogia.fi/hiski?en+t6852238 ), but that's worth checking. Minor copying errors were common :?

The marriage record appears earlier on the same page, second entry has thus been canceled by those lines.

:) Jaska

Katie

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 28.05.2011 19:06

Hello, Jaska
Thank you for the information on Elsa's birth and verifying her last name. No wonder I could not find her as I was only looking for Elsa, not Elin. I get confused as a name is referenced as one spelling in one record and spelled differently in another. Having birth dates helps to connect people in a family or marriage. I find that also happens here in the 1880's - 1900's documents. My last name is Matson and we find it spelled with one T and also 2 T's. Confusing. We are actually Kähkonen but Great Grandfather Matt changed it on arrival here.

Thanks again and have a nice weekend. We have a holiday weekend and have Monday off from work.
It is Memorial weekend when we honor veterans who have passed away. Although most people go camping or to lake homes for a 3 day weekend.
By Jaska
Janice

JaskaS

Viesti Kirjoittaja JaskaS » 28.05.2011 23:19

Hi Janice,
When I found the couple in rippikirja, I immediately forgot that the marriage record had her name as Elsa :oops:
Seems to be Elsa also in HisKi for their children. Confusing, since Elsa could be understood as another short form of Elisabet (often Lisa), but Elin is same as Helena (often Lena).

Holiday greetings from countryside (just looking out to a lake)!
:) Jaska

Vastaa Viestiin